Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 17, 18, 19, and 20


Items of Service for Day 17!

1. Took a friend to the Driving Range.

Items of Service for Day 18!

1. Ran to the store for a friend.

2. Delivered some nail polish that I knew another friend would want.

Items of Service for Day 19!

1. This one was a little different, while trying to serve someone else a stranger stepped in to serve me. We were waiting for a table at the Cheesecake Factory when a gentlemen, pushing his daughter in a wheelchair, approached the door.  I immediately jumped up to grab the door but another person beat me to it. I quickly ran inside and grabbed the second door.  While I was holding the door another gentlemen quickly stood up and walked over to the door and said "Let me hold that for you." It is great to see so many people willing to step in. I don't feel like I truly accomplished a service however I was so grateful for the example that those strangers set. I hope that someday we will all have a problem finishing out a service because there are so many people stepping in to help, what an amazing problem!

2. I again went on a search for another Carmel Apple for my Mother. :)

Items of Service for Day 20!

1. I gave a friend a ride home.

More Service Stories to Share

1. I was talking to my Sister when she let me know how aware she is of what she is doing to serve others. I asked her what she had done and she mentioned just a few:

1. Volunteered to clean the church.
2. Took dinner to someone in need.
3. Drove a neighbor to a Dr.'s appointment.

These were just a few things that she had decided to do. She is a busy mother of two and is truly and inspiration to me to do more. Thanks Kam for being such a great example!

No comments:

Post a Comment