Monday, January 16, 2012

ROCK ON!! Number 2 has begun.

Let the concerts begin! I have 10 concerts to attend this year so I figured I better get started.  Right now it is looking like March is going to be the month of concerts. I can't wait for other groups to start posting their 2012 tour dates.  I have officially booked 2 concerts, 8 more to go.....(any suggestions?)


First concert is Boyce Avenue on March 17th at The Venue in Salt Lake City. I just started listening to them a few months ago (after they were recommended by a friend) and I love their music. Can't wait to see them live. (Secondhand Serenade will be opening for them, seen them live and well...they are ok :) )


Next up is Donavon Frankenreiter, March 29th at the Knitting Factory in Boise. This should be a great sit back an relax concert.  (Thanks to Wes for recommending him after we attended a Jack Johnson Concert). Matt Grundy will be opening, haven't heard him but I just googled his music, could be another great find.


Matt Nathanson will also be returning to Boise with Kelly Clarkson in March but I haven't quite figured out how to fit it into my schedule.  For those of you that don't know I am a little obsessed with Matt Nathanson, even more so since I attended his last concert in Boise (at the Knitting Factory actually - amazing venue) This was by far the best concert I have attended and the inspiration for #2 on my bucket list. After arriving early we walked in to find the place almost empty, the lower level by the stage had a few people and I thought for sure we would not be allowed to go down there.  (It would be too good to be true.) Well no one said anything and we walked right up to the stage and remained there for the entire concert. Scars on 45 opened for him and they were great! (I highly recommend you google them) Then after the concert I was looking at some of his older CDs when I was asked if I would like a ticket to meet him (HELLO! Are you kidding me I would love a ticket.) Thanks to Sheri and Whitney for sticking around for another hour to watch me become star struck as I talked to Matt Nathanson. (Totally worth the drive back to Pocatello that same night.) Here are a few pics from that night.
Backstage Wristband! Woot Woot

So excited for the concert to begin.

View from the front.

LOVE IT!

Can't wait for the concerts of 2012, not sure if they will top the concert of 2011 but I'm hopeful!

1 comment:

  1. So I have a thought....10 concerts is a lot, but totally doable. What if you went to one concert that was out of your listening genre? Or went to a concert of someone you have never heard of? Just a thought...maybe it is inspiring or maybe it would just be a waste of money. Either way..the choice is yours :)

    ReplyDelete