Friday, January 27, 2012

One week down, lifetime to go.

I am officially one week into the Golds Gym Challenge and I am still motivated to work hard! I know a week isn't very long but I have truly learned a lot this week.

First of all, I LOVE FOOD. I love to cook, I love to eat out, I love to snack...I love it all (Sweet, sour, salty and most of all spicy). I have a history of hitting the nutrition hard core then I get bored and I not only jump off the wagon but I dive into the deep end. MODERATION has not found its way into my vocabulary until now. I need to think about the consequences and if it is really worth it or if there is a healthy alternative that will serve the same purpose. I am going to continue to take this one day at a time until I master the art of eating healthy. (Any and all pointers are welcome.)

Second, I am great at hitting the gym.....for a couple weeks.  I then find that I have overdone it, my body hurts, and then I get sick. Once I'm sick I no longer have the energy necessary to work out. I then get better and by then I am out of the habit and decide I will start the following Monday (that Monday never comes). It has been a never ending cycle that I am ready to break right now. I have learned that you have to schedule time to workout and try your hardest to stick to that schedule. I have also learned that sometimes schedules don't work and a day might go by where I don't make it to the gym but that is ok and it will happen, however it is no reason to give up and wait until the next Monday to start again. From here on out I will pick it up the next day and try a little harder.

To help out with the weight loss goal I have decided to join Weight Watchers. Registration has been paid for and I am signed up and ready to go. This program is being offered through my work so I am excited for the amazing support system I will have as I take my goal a step further.

Challenge still Accepted, 11 more weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. I thought a little Thoreau was in order :) You're an inspiration to a procrastinator like myself.

    ReplyDelete