Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Go! Orange! Go! big! Blue! Fight! Fight! B-S-U!

What a way to accomplish this item:

12. Attend BSU game


My boss saw this on my list and suggested I look into the BSU vs BYU game on Thursday, September 20th. I had thought of this a few times but it was now Wednesday and I had no plans on leaving.  After a few minutes he told me to plan on leaving early Thursday and he would find me some tickets.  I went home that night not sure if I would actually be leaving.  I was also worried because I hadn't planned on leaving early (he quickly reminded me that I shouldn't argue with the boss). I had already scheduled Friday off so I could head to Boise with my Mom, Kam, Sarah and Whitney to run in the Boise Women's Fitness Celebration. It was too perfect but I still had my doubts.  This was a popular game, there was no way he could find tickets....right? I headed to work Thursday morning semi packed (just in case) and at about 9:30 I get a call from Corey telling me to plan on leaving at 2 because he had found some tickets. We scheduled a pick up and planned on meeting someone a the game. (I convinced Whitney to join me). Then we realized we didn't have a place to stay that night.  We checked every hotel we were aware of and they were all booked.  After re-checking a hotel they had 1 room available online but when we called them they informed us that it was booked.  I decided to take a chance and book the room online.  We grabbed our bags and headed out of town. 



 On our way we decided to call the hotel to verify if we had a room or not...they said I was on the list..phew! We drove straight to the game and after finding a parking space we rode a bus to meet up with Jason Royce to grab our tickets then we headed in to the game.  



We were on the North End Zone and I couldn't have been happier. 






I have been to BSU games before and knew that it would be fun regardless of the outcome however I wanted them to beat BYU so bad. It wasn't the best game I have ever been to (On both sides) however I was still screaming and enjoying every second. After a long battle BSU came out on top (7-6). After the game we starting the long walk back to our car, then we headed to the hotel. After checking in we realized we were both hungry so we decided to order a pizza.  After placing the order we waited, waited, waited and then waited some more. A couple hours later the pizza finally showed up (1:30 AM) I was exhausted. We tried to eat some pizza but we just wanted to sleep. It didn't take long for us to crash. All in all a successful night followed by a morning with no voice. 

Here are a few pics from that night:













Taken by some BYU fans, thanks for being great sports! :)
Huge shout-out and big thanks to Corey for encouraging me to attack my goals head on! Let's cross one more off the list...


12. Attend BSU game



No comments:

Post a Comment