Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hit me with your best.....color!

As part of my goal to be healthy I registered for the Color Run in Boise Idaho.  Idaho Central was a sponsor for this so I thought it would be a great time to go an hang out with some of my Boise Co-workers.  Tyleen and I loaded in our cars Friday after work and followed each-other to Middleton, Idaho where her parents live.  We settled in for the night and prepared to wake up early in the morning to drive back to downtown Boise to start the race.  It was a little chilly outside so I was excited to get moving.  We met up with all of the ICCU employees and headed to the start line.  There were hundreds of people all dressed in white ready to rock the Color Run known has the Happiest 5K on the Planet! They sent the runners out in waves as they headed down Parkcenter. We went out with the second wave and quickly realized that it wouldn't be a fast race.  At every kilometer they had volunteers that held bags filled with different colors of powder.  As you ran by they would hit you with the bag until you were fully covered in that particular color. A line formed quickly and moved through slowly as everyone wanted to get as much color on them as possible.  We gathered in a group and ended up walking most of the race with the other participants. Although it was a little slow it was a lot of fun.  Here are a few pics from the event:

Just getting started! (Me, Tyleen, Morgan)

(Me, Stephanie, Morgan)

All done!

Cheese!








I'm pretty sure I was still cleaning color out of my hair a few days later but it was all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment